The Ministry of Higher Education, Research, Science & Technology is pleased to announce that the Government of the People’s Republic of China is offering Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. scholarships to Gambians to study in China in the academic year 2021-2022.
Undergraduate applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Age limit must be under 25 years of age;
- Candidates must complete Senior Secondary School in order to qualify, those who qualify by their private WASSCE result in Grade 11 are excluded;
- Candidates must obtain “excellent” (A1) in at least four (4) subjects and should fail no subject in a WASSCE held in 2018 2019 or 2020, “or having performed very well in other academic tests such as the GCE Advanced Level”. Please note that the selection criteria can be higher depending on the number of candidates who score at least four (4) A1
Applicants of postgraduate degree (Masters/Ph.D.) programs should meet the following requirements:
- Masters age limit must be under 35 years of age;
- Ph.D. age limit must be under 40 years of age;
- Candidates must obtain a notarized bachelor’s degree for master degree applicants, and a notarized master’s degree for Ph.D. applicants
- All applicants must have good academic records (transcripts CGPA, academic awards etc) in their previous university studies.
- The Application fee is One Hundred dalasis only (D100.00) and must be submitted with a receipt number at the Ministry with their completed application form
- The deadline for submission is 24thDecember 2020.