The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the UK government’s Commonwealth scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. Since 1960, the CSC has funded over 30,000 individuals to study in the UK and gain skills, acquire knowledge, and build networks to tackle global development challenges.
The CSC is open for applications between 05 September 2023 and 17 October 2023. The Ministry of Higher Education Research Science and Technology] is accepting applications between 6th September 2023 and [6th October 2023
CSC Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth Master’s and PhD Candidates
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2024
- By September 2024, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, OR a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Provide full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- Provide references from at least two individuals.
For PhD candidates only:
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university or in your home country before September/October 2024
- Provide a supporting statement from a proposed supervisor in the UK from at least one of the institutions named on your application form.
Agency selection criteria:
- We encourage the application on STEM (Science Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Applications are open from the 6th September 2023 to the 6th October, 2023.
Note that if this deadline is past the CSC deadline, only candidates who have already submitted an application to CSC can be considered/nominated.
How to apply
- Candidates must apply using the CSC’s online application system which can be found on the https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/about-us/scholarships-and-fellowships/. Each scholarship has a ‘How to apply’ section which will have information and guidance on the application process and the link to the online application system. The CSC is unable to accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system or after the closing date listed above.