The Ministry of Higher Education, Research, Science & Technology is pleased to announce that Government of the Gambia through the Ministry of Transport, Works and Infrastructure (MOTWI), Ministry of Higher Education, Research, Science & Technology (MOHERST), Personnel Management Office (PMO) and Public Enterprises (PEs) engineering institutions (Gambia Ports Authority, Gambia Civil Aviation Authority, Gambia International Airline, National Roads Authority, NAWEC and Gambia Maritime Association) have launched a scholarship scheme – ‘Engineering Scholars Award’ tenable at both the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) in the Gambia (GTTI Campus), and at the Regional Maritime University in Ghana.
Applicants that wish to attend the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) in the Gambia (GTTI Campus), must have admission at KNUST. More on the eligibility criteria for admission at KNUST can be found on https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/
Applicants that wish to study at the Regional Maritime University, in Ghana and in the following programmes must apply through the weblink - www.moherstscholarsip.gm. Dateline for application is Friday 25th September 2020.
- Undergraduate 4 - Year B.Sc.
- B.Sc. Nautical Science
- B.Sc. Marine Engineering
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Sc. Computer Engineering
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Information Technology
- B.Sc. Port and Shipping Administration
- B.Sc. Logistics Management
Undergraduate candidates must meet the following requirements –
- Seven credits including Mathematics, English language and Physics (WASSCE holders).
- Five credits including Mathematics, English language plus three A’ Levels passes in relevant science subjects (GCE holders)
- HND holders in engineering programmes with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division from a recognized Tertiary Institution.
- 2 - Year Diploma Programmes
- Diploma in Marine Engineering
- Diploma in Nautical Science
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Diploma candidates must meet the following requirements –
- Six credits including Mathematics, English Language and General Science (WASSCE)
- Five passes plus two A ‘Levels passes in pure science subjects, (GCE)
- City and Guilds Technician Part II and Advanced Technician Diploma in relevant subjects.