THE GAMBIA UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCE,
ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
INSTITUTE OF TECHNICAL TRAINING (ITT)
ADMISSION TO CERTIFICATE & DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
The Institute of Technical Training (ITT) of the Gambia University of Applied Science, Engineering and Technology (USET) hereby informs prospective applicants and members of the public that admissions for the 2023/2024 academic year are now open. ITT offers Certificate and Diploma programmes in Carpentry and Joinery, Engineering (Electrical and Electronics), Auto- Mechanics, Welding and Fabrication, Construction & Block Laying, Horticulture, Refrigeration and Air Condition Repairs, Channel and Satellite Installation.
1. Technician Programmes
At least Five (5) credits at WASSCE / O’ Levels including Mathematics, English Language plus a science subject.
2. Craft Programmes
a) At least GABECE (Grade 9) Certificate
b) Good understanding of English Language and basic Mathematics
Our outreach centres offer vibrant, innovative, and enterprising skills training programmes leading to Certificate and Diploma compared to none. At ITT Outreach Centres, we offer free scholarships to all admitted students. ITT caters for students from different academic backgrounds including those from Madrassas. Applicants seeking enrolment in any of our outreach centres may contact the following persons:
- Julangel Skills Training Centre (JSTC)- Julangel/URR:- Mr. Momodou Baldeh 220 7112907/ 2419298
- Rural Skills Training Centre (RSTC) – Mansa Konko/LRR: - Mr. Lamin Saho +220 3994899
- Kanilai Skills Training Centre (KSTC) – Kanilai/ WCR: - Mr. Sadu Jallow +220 762 3008
- Ndemban Skills Training Centre (NSTC) – Ndemban/WCR: - Mr. Sandi Keita +220 3936869
- All the Programmes are as per the Gambia National Skills Qualifications Framework (GNSQF).
- At the end of each academic year, students have the opportunity to go on a three (3) months’ internship or industrial placement in public or private organisations.
- Madrassa background students will have to go through a one year intensive English Language Course.
The cost of admission form is D200 only. For further enquiries, please contact the Career Guidance, Counselling and Marketing Office on: +220 3704682/ 7314023/ 9893242. Deadline for submission of forms is 29th September 2023
Make ITT Your First Choice in TVET Education