The Ministry of Higher Education, Research, Science & Technology is pleased to announce that the Government of People’s Republic of China is offering undergraduate, master’s and PhD scholarships to Gambians to study in China in the 2022 academic year.
- Candidates must apply through the Ministry of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology portal ;
Undergraduate candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be under 25 years of age;
- Complete Senior Secondary School in order to qualify, those who qualify by their private WASSCE result in Grade 11 are excluded;
- Have acquired Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 3 (to be exempted from studying Chinese language);
- Obtain “Excellent” (A1) in at least Five (5) subjects and should fail no subject in a WASSCE held in 2019 2020 or 2021, “or having performed very well in other academic tests such as the GCE Advanced Level”. Please note that the selection criteria can be higher depending on the number of candidates who score at least five (5) A1.
Candidates of postgraduate degree (Masters/PhD) programs must meet the following requirements:
- Master’s candidates must be under 35 years of age;
- PhD candidates must be under 40 years of age;
- Obtain a notarized bachelor’s degree for master degree applicants, and a notarized master’s degree for PhD applicants;
- Have good academic records (transcripts CGPA, academic awards etc) in their previous university studies;
- Have acquired Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 (to be exempted from studying Chinese language).
Application fee is One Hundred dalasis only (D100.00) and must be submitted at the Ministry with the completed application form.
The deadline for submission is 24th January 2022.